Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Best. Deal. Ever.


What if Jason Bourne had an overweight and incredibly humorous sidekick with none of the fighting skills he had? apparently this question is the setup for a very important plotline of the new season of LOST starting in January. That's right, according to writer/producer Damon Lindelof, Sayid and Hurley will buddy up in an off-island story as partners working for Ben. I just want to see Hurley snipe someones head off and once realizing the repercussions of his horrid act , he would mutter "dude".

The "best. deal. ever" in my post title refers to my stop at Best Buy after work. I got off from work a little early today and realized that it's tuesday (the best day for deals at best buy and also the day that new BLU-RAY's are released). So I decided to stop at the store and see if anything exciting was released. Normally I would not purchase at Best Buy over Amazon because the latter usually has the same items for way cheaper. But I found an amazing deal. Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2 were both released on Blue-Ray High Def today, each one is $29.99 making a total of $60 dollars. I knew full-well that you could buy the movies together on Amazon for $50 dollars, so I merely just wanted to peruse rather than buy. But to my surprise there was more to it than meets the eye. Turns out, if you buy vol. 1 and 2 together (who wouldn't?) you get an additional 10 dollars off. So I thought, hm..same price as amazon AND I wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped. Hoorah! So I took the dvd's in hand and started reading everything on the packaging and to my surprise...EACH ONE comes with a manufacturer's rebate of $10, meaning if i mail away my receipt, ill get an additional $20 dollars back. So in total I saved $30 dollars off of Best Buy's price and $20 off of Amazons price, not bad eh? oh BTW, if you dont own a Blu-ray player and high def tv, you NEED to invest in these items if youre a movie slut like me.

Welp, that pretty much wraps it up for today...oh, that's right. Marvel studios has stated that all those Will Smith/Capt. America rumors are completely FALSE! Thank the LORD! And now I leave you with an image of Captain America fighting the worlds greatest real villain.

No comments: